Friday 4 February 2011

Boolean, loft and arrays

I have followed the tutorials on Jo's blog to learn new techniques as I am finding the modeling quite difficult.

Here a letter A was cut out of a cube object using boolean subtraction. This was also the first time that I had used the text tool.
Boolean image render


The coat hanger was created with a spline line formed into the coat hanger shape and then the loft modifier was used to add depth to the line. This loft tutorial turned out better than my previous attempt with the helix shape as the different parts of the object touched, I think that this may have been because the circle shape that I used for the lathing was too large.
Above is what the coat hanger looks like rendered

An array was used to make duplicate copies of an object. The array diaglogue box seemed quite complicated with all the boxes and setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment