Tuesday 29 March 2011

Pipes falling

I used the reactor for the section of my animation where the pipes fall from the crane. I added the pipes and the floor into a rigid body collection and adjusted the masses. I had a problem where some of the objects would fall through the ground object.

I increased the faces of the floor and this stopped the problem for the larger pieces but some of the small pieces still fall through the floor. I decided that this was good enough as you cannot see this from the camera angle that is being used and I don’t have time to keep adjusting it.

I think that increasing the faces may just have been a coincidence as increasing the faces more made the problem worse and more of the objects fell through the ground.

The pipes still intersect with one another but again this can’t be seen from where the camera is.

No comments:

Post a Comment